From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in executing VI with a project

Hello,

The Vi file attached is running when it is not included in a project i.e when I run it separately. When I add it to a project on cRIO in FPGA mode it does not run. I get all the possible errors like 'Sub VI is not executable (for all sub VIs)', 'wire type not supported in current target', 'diagram constant: type not supported in current target', etc..

The VI includes running LED. My main motive is to replace the LED with a digital I/O module. 

Please help.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,261 Views)

LabVIEW FPGA cannot use most of the functions you will find in the normal LabVIEW development.  Rewrite your VI with functions that are available in the FPGA palettes.  The waveform I know isn't allowed.  The fuzzy logic likely won't work in the FPGA either.  And definately not the File IO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,251 Views)

As crossrulz mentioned this VI will not work at all in the FPGA world. Follow his advice.

If this is your first FPGA project; as a caution do not use to many front panel elements, especially graphs.

I’m not sure why NI allows you to place charts on a FPGA front panel.

It might work, but it will eat your resources like candy.

In your VI I see that you want to take a look at signals, stay away from the temptation to dump the signal data into a front panel element on the FPGA.

If you look at any of the LabVIEW Examples you will see that they almost never (I haven’t seen them all, so I can’t say none of them) use graphs on the front panel.

Follow the examples under Help>>Find examples.

Good Luck

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,245 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your advice. Also would it be possible to implement fuzzy logic in scan mode?

Karthik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,226 Views)