Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074396154 received during delayed trigger.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a GigE camera to capture an image and then check for a hole using IMAQ Find Circular Edge.  Each time the camera receives a trigger the while loop processes and the results are displayed.  If the trigger is delayed for more than about 5 seconds, I get Error 1074396154 (IMAQ Spoke - Image not large enough for the operation). 

The loop should be waiting for the next image before processing, so I don't understand why the error is being generated.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,426 Views)

Hi Doug,

Would it be possible for you to post your code so we can see how your trigger is set up? In addition, what version of LabVIEW and IMAQ do you have installed on your computer?

Best Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,412 Views)

Hi Allison,

I am using Labview 8.6 Pro and IMAQdx 3.2.  The code waits for a hardware trigger wired directly to the camera, which starts the loop when received.  There are two sets of ROI's, one which looks for holes and the other checks for intensity.

Regards,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,406 Views)

Hi Doug,

It seems like this error is occurring because you are trying to do the IMAQ processing on a space in memory that doesn't have image information. Could you try including a check to make sure that it isn't passing in a blank image to the Find Circular Edge.vi?

Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,394 Views)

Hi Allison,

I am not really sure how to check your suggestion.  However, the images appear after triggering until the trigger has a 5 second delay.  Also, I noticed today that I require 2 trigger signals to capture an image.  Any chance this is related to my problem?

Out of curiosity, what part of the image signal initiates the loop processing?

Thanks for the input,

Regards,

Doug D.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RDD

Hi Doug,

Have you tried increasing your Timeout on your camera? The default value is 5 seconds and since you are seeing this behavior right at 5 seconds this maybe causing the problem. To increases the timeout open Measurement and Automation Explorer, select your camera, select Acquisition Attributes tab at the bottom, and increase Timeout to 10000 ms.

Acquiring from GigE Vision Cameras with Vision Acquisition Software - Part II (Figure 4)
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5750/en

Tim O

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,372 Views)

Thanks for the response Tim,

Doug D.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,367 Views)