Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital triggering not working myDAQ

Hi everyone

I am almost finished with a project build but I am having problems getting the digital trigger to start the VI working.  I am using a latch circuit to turn on a power supply and trying to use one of the NO contacts on the relay to switch 5 volts from the DAQ back into a nominated digital input PF0.

When I use the Digital reader function of the MyDAQ to read the digital input at PF0 when the start button is pressed the reader sees the input and when I press the stop button it loses the input again which is correct.

But when I try to use the trigger as shown in attachment and select the source as PFO and a rising edge to trigger, nothing happens when I press the start button.
I have tried a number of different things without success.
If anybody could give any help on where the problem is it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,832 Views)

Hi there,

It might be a good idea to look at some example code that is ready shipped with LabVIEW. A good example that I think you should be able to modify to use in terms of the triggering and timing code can be found in the LabVIEW Example Finder under Browse by looking under Hardware Input and Output>> DAQmx>> Synchronization>> Multi - Function>> Multi-Function-Synch AI-AO-Ext Dig Trigger.

The timing and triggering here, I think, is applicable in terms of what you are doing.

I hope this helps!

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,819 Views)

I also would like to use triggering with myDAQ(153FA87). I have tried the:

Hardware Input and Output>> DAQmx>> Synchronization>> Multi - Function>> Multi-Function-Synch AI-AO-Ext Dig Trigger, but the

error messagi is:

Property Node DAQmx Trigger (arg 1) in DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi:1->Multi-Function-Synch AI-AO-Ext Dig Trigger.vi <append>

<B>Property: </B>Start.

TrigType <B>Requested Value: </B>Digital Edge <B>

You Can Select: </B>None

Is it possible to use external triggering with myDAQ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,705 Views)

External triggering is not supported with myDAQ.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,695 Views)