Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital trigger (length) behaving differently on an a PCI-6251 then on a PCI-6052E?

I just bought and installed a PCI-6251 for use with some real-time audio software we have been running for a couple years on a PCI-6052E in our neuroscience lab. Everything is great except the digital pulses seem to be much shorter on the PCI-6251, to the extent that I have to sample around 200 kHz before I catch them all on our analogue in channel (we run a monitor channel, which is analogue, to log every time we trigger something off our digital trigger). I realize this may seem like a weird way to do it but it really works great for our application. Our original sampling rate of 32 kHz now only captures a small fraction of the digital outs, whereas on the 6052E it captured them all. Is there something different between the way these two cards handle digital outs? Is there a chance I have a basic setting wrong in the card leading to this problem?

I apologize for being such a labview noob, but the person who originally programmed this software has moved on so it has fallen to me to troubleshoot this. If anyone has any ideas that would not require me learning another programming language I would appreciate it because this is not my primary field. 

A few details if they help:

We send a digital trigger pulse out of any of the DIO channels, usually P0.7.

This triggers a white-noise playback through a digital in, usually PFI6. This triggers without fault.

We send a copy of the digital trigger to an analog in, usually AI 1, and this is what has trouble 'catching' the trigger'.

The error is not because the signal is being split, routing it directly has no bearing on the catch basis- changing the analog in sampling rate, however, has a direct impact on how often the trigger is recorded.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,078 Views)

Hi NeuroBill

Welcome on National Instruments' Forum and thank you for asking your question here

I suggest you to take a look at this Knowledge base about digital triggering.

Synchronizing Analog Output and Digital Output Tasks in DAQmx with LabVIEW

I hope this will help

regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,065 Views)