cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital input trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to trigger measurement on digital input using signal that I want to measure? In example:

I want to measure PWM on P0.0 after first rising PWM edge on P0.0, but using only this P0.0 line (no PFIs in use, only one digital input used).

Im using X SERIES USB -6353.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,872 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

Some DAQ cards can trigger on analog edge of the signal that you want to measure. In case of fetching data on a DI it is possible to select only PFI, or similar as trigger. What is your application? What do you want to achieve? 

I can imagine, that you could do a workaround: record samples from DI continuously and then make in your program a SW trigger, so you can get even some pretriggered samples (like on a digital oscilloscope).

Jozef Lipták
Message 2 of 3
(3,761 Views)

Thx Jozef! The idea with SW trigger could work 🙂
The main thing I would like to achieve is to save PFIs (in the measurement described previously), that's all.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,744 Views)