From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Triggering using PFI line

Hi,

Im using NI USB 6289 DAQ and trying to do the following:

- Write digital data output serially in line 0 (port 0)

- Sample clock is generated using PFI 12 (counter 0) terminal and at each rising edge of the clock, the data is written.

- I have implemented the above two things but now I want to start writing the data only when a falling edge has been seen ( using PFI 0- software triggering). How to do this? 

I'm also getting this error if I run this program - 

error -200452 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Trigger (arg 1) in DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi:1->output_new_withtriggering.vi

Possible reason(s): Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task. Property: Start.TrigType.

Any help is  appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,742 Views)

Hi Easwar,

You can use the example Digital - Continuous Output.vi at Example Finder. I believe this example will work for you. You can find it at Example Finder>>Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Digital Output.

Best,

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,724 Views)

Thanks for the infor. I already tried that but am still getting the same error. 

error -200452 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Trigger (arg 1) in DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi:1->output_new_withtriggering.vi

Possible reason(s): Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task. Property: Start.TrigType.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,713 Views)

Hi Easwar,

I found info that might help you. Please refer to page 6-3 of M Series User Manual.

Best,

Carmen C

Message 4 of 5
(6,704 Views)

Thanks a lot Carmen ! I was able to figure it out but I dont want to trigger the clock.

When I trigger (falling edge) has been made, the data has to be written. 

For example when I click run,

clock -             H H H H H H H 

trigger -           H H H H L L ................L H H 

data written -  ------------1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0-------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,695 Views)