From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Relays to DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I checked through the DAQ Pinout and found this sheet. The terminals are shown as 52, 17 and 49 for P0.0, P0.1 and P0.2. (Image attached below).

And also,  what is terminal 8 +5V?? Do I have to connect any of the buffer's ic to it (No need, right?). 

And regarding the SW-Timed out program, I have made my boolean array to consit of three led's in the array.

How do I define the lines (channel settings) correctly? is it supposed to be dev1/port0/line2? 

Thanks

pins.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(3,704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author siks1
The +5 is an output that could possibly be used to supply power to the buffer. I'm not sure of the current output. Check the actual manual.

For three lines, it would be line 0:2. Click on the channel control and then Browse. You can select multiple channels that way.
Message 22 of 27
(3,695 Views)

Hi,

Actually I tested using this setup just for one relay and motor. It worked. I just did like what you said @Dennis. Except, I took sometime to figure out the terminal connections.

So, I am going to do the series (multiple relays (3)) tomorrow. Do you think, I have to use any thing in addition when I go for series or it just works fine as how it worked normall when I used one relay and one motor? I hear a "sound" from DAQ board before the motor starts running or when motor stops. 

Once again, thanks for your help!MSC

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(3,667 Views)

Yeah, I forgot to ask you something. To stop each relay, I have to individually turn all the LED's OFF. Is there any way to make it automatic too?

Like, I want the first relay in series to stop after 3 sec and second relay after 4 sec and third relay after 8 seconds??? And also when in series, this code makes the relays run simulataneously right?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(3,666 Views)

Hi,

I have a problem in my code. I have connected an NC relay and NO relay in parrallel condition. 

In the code , Digital Out SW Timed, I have changed the Boolean array to contain only two switches for two relays and changed the channel settings to 0:1. Now when I am running the program, I have two boolean switches, channel settings 0:1. 

The NC Closed relay is running the DC Motor initially (When both the switches are OFF),  but when two switches are turned ON or only one switch is turned ON while other switch remained OFF, the NO Relay is running. 

But what I wanted is to have a two boolean switches, one switch to control one relay (NO relay), while the other switch is to control the other relay ( NC Closed relay). That is, when 1st switch is turned ON the NO relay must run and while the second switch is turned off (keeping the first switch in ON condition), NC relay must also run. Is this possible? 

Please tell me where I am doing the mistake or how to get the program that I want to have. Do you think I did anything wrong with my wiring? 

Thanks

Sai

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(3,630 Views)
I'm having a hard time understanding what you've done and why. Please attach a schematic and an image of your block diagram. Explain why you have two types of relays in parallel.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(3,617 Views)

Hi, I have sorted my problem. Now the relays are working exactly as how I wanted. 

But, I also want to have this feature for the boolean switch. I want each boolean switch to be time dependent i.e., if I input the time as numeric control in front panel, after passing that time, the boolean switch has to turn off. Is that possible? I want to have three numeric controls, since I have three different time inputs for three boolean switches. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(3,601 Views)