Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Pulse Generation-Device Selection

Hello everyone, 
I'm in research of a device for a project I'm working on, and I would like to have your opinion if it's possible. The purpose is to drive 4 mosfets of a full bridge inverter.
Of course there are a lot of devices that can do this, either using counters or by digital outputs, but I would like to find a cheap one that meets my specifications so that my department's Labaratory could buy it and have it for future work instead of borrowing it from NI for a small period. 
So, what are my needs more or less:
I want to produce 4 high frequency train-pulses (>=100Hz). As far as I know the frequency is not a problem meaning that most of the devices can produce digital pulses of such frequency levels. Another important thing is that i want to synchronize the 4 train pulses and also to insert delays so that i can vary the duty cycle of the inverter's output voltage.
So the question is.. what would be a cheap solution for the purpose descrived above? 
During the previous semester I used the X-Series USB 6351 multifunctional DAQ device and it was very convenient using the 4 counters but i had to return it back. 

p.s Is it by far more complicate to create configurable/sychronized train-pulses using digital outputs compared to counters, or it's just me? I'm asking because if this is the case I would prefer to have a device with 4 counters again and make my life easier 🙂

Thanks in advance for your time

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,116 Views)

Couple of cheaper solution could be found in http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/ap/daq/lang/en/pg/1/ps/30/sn/n17:daq,n6:7868/. Unfortunately, 6351 is the cheapest USB solution. Another possible USB solution is myRIO, http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/211694, but you need LabVIEW FPGA to program it the way you want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,107 Views)

Greetings mouth,

What about acquiring an USB-6351 then Smiley Happy

I think you should consider contacting the sales team at you local NI Branch (NI Denmark: 45 76 26 00) and have a talk with them. I am confident that they can help you with your questions.

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,097 Views)