Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnosing Error 65548 overcurrent or overvoltage.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a question regarding overcurrent/overvoltage error detection of the NI 9476 digital output module.

As I understand it, if using the module in Scan Interface mode, only a module-specific error 65548 is supported, and it is not possible to determine which channel the error is on. Does this mean that none of the channels will be controllable, since attempting to write to any of the module's I/O variables will result in an error? Also, is it possible to debug which channel is faulty (e.g.using the Distributed System Manager, testing each channel on/off in at a time) without having to resort to FPGA interface mode?

Thanks,

Dimitris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dxydas

Hi Dimitris,

I believe are you are correct that in Scan-mode this error means that the you cannot write to any of the channels, and unforunately there is no way to debug which channel has caused the error without going into FPGA or testing each of the channels individually. Please see this forum post for checking the channels using FPGA.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Digital-I-O/Digital-I-O-board-9478-error-code-65548-overcurrent-report-by/m-...

Hope this helps,

Tom

AE, NIUK

Message 2 of 3
(3,948 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I was afraid this would be the case with Scan mode.

Regards,

Dimitris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,915 Views)