From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx AO Series synch with DIO

Solved!
Go to solution

There are not many DAQmx examples for the AO Series.

Can anyone supply me with an example of how to synchronize using DAQmx Analog Output on the master board with Digital Output/Input on a slave board?

I have an AO Series PCI-6723 (Dev1) and a DIO PCIe-6535B (Dev4) connected via a RTSI bus.  I have defined the RTSI cable using MAX and added both devices.

Haven't had any success, and cannot find an appropriate example.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine running Labview 2012.

Thanks,

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,944 Views)

Hi, in general this article can be a great source. I also found a this example and another thread that discuss a similar issue. I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,927 Views)

Hi, thanks for the info.  I had already studied White Paper on timing & synch, and found that example, but still having problems.

I get the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error -89139 occurred at Voltage-Digital - Continuous Output 2 Devies.vi

Possible reason(s):

There are no shared trigger lines between the two devices which are acceptable to both devices. While each of these two devices support some shared trigger lines, none of these shared trigger lines work for both devices for the specified property and corresponding value.

Consider routing the signal through the I/O connectors of the two devices, if applicable.

Source Device: Dev1

Destination Device: Dev4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have attached my Sample VI.  You will see that I basically took two examples from Example Finder and combined them.

There is a RTSI cable connecting the two devices.  I don't get an error until DAQmx on the digital device.

Do I need to EXport Route VI?

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,906 Views)

Check this example and try to match the structure.

This error appears when: 1. routes are reserved by another program (fix»reset device from MAX), 2. You are trying to create a route on the device that is not supported (fix»modify the code to change the device routes to those supported).

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,898 Views)

I looked over the example, and even though I do not have an E Series, S, M, DSA, etc, I thought I'd try anyway.

Attached is my modified version.  My analog output device, PCI-6723 is an AO Series, and my DIO device, PCIe-6535B is ..... I'm not really sure - X series???

I get the following error:

Error -200452 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Timing (arg 1) in Multi-Device Synch-Analo-Digitalg Output.vi

Possible reason(s):

Specified property is not supported by the device or is not applicable to the task.

Property: RefClk.Src

Oh, I also tried your 1st solution - to reset devices using MAX.  but I still get errors.

I have tried Export Signal VI; I have tried DAQmx Connect Terminals VI.  Still no luck.

On Monday, I will try using a route through Counter0 on master device.

G

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GretchenSkellyZimmer

I came up with a solution!  It's complex, but it seems to work.

I used DAQmx Export Signals VI & DAQmx Connect Terminals VI.

See attached VI.

Gretchen

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,855 Views)