Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ card not always detected

System setup, Windows 7, LabVIEW 2010 SP1 full professional, card PCI-6509, driver DAQmx 9.3.5 MAX 5.0.0.f1

The card is being used to read in the state of digital lines.  Sometimes everything runs satisfactorily other times it hangs.

When this happens and the source code is stopped.  MAX searches for a long time to find the card but then cannot reset or test the card (see attached screen shot).

The MAX Database corruption removal tool seemed to temporarily rectify the situation.  However currently this stops saying it cannot delete a file because it is in use even though nothing else is open.

Has anyone had similar problems or have any proposed solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,872 Views)

Hi Grandad,

Hope you've had a good Easter!

Firstly to confirm, your version of DAQmx, LabVIEW, Windows and PCI card should all be compatible. Thanks for listing them on your post.

Without sounding patronising, could you please double check that your 6509 card is secure within your PC, in case it could just be a loose connection. The next thing to try would be a different PCI slot to see if you experience the same issue through this.

The next thing I'd recommend is either doing a repair to your drivers (through your Windows control panel, Add/Remove programs) or updating your driver by installing DAQmx 9.4

Let me know if these help!

With regards to MAX database corruption tool not being able to delete a file; have you checked through your Windows Task Manager that the process has also stopped running for LabVIEW and MAX (i.e. LabVIEW.exe & NIMax.exe)?

Best wishes,

Tori
Student
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,833 Views)