Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create standalone application using different DAQ device

I am building a test machine that boots and powers down motherboards using a USB-6501.  I am connecting a digital output line from the device to the +V pin on the motherboard, then sinking the signal when I want to simulate a "power button push."

I would like to make the line selectable to the user by placing a control on the front panel.

I am developing this application and creating a standalone version with Application Builder.  I am wondering how LabVIEW would interact with a different USB-6501.  As in different name and serial number than the device I am using to develop the application.

Long story short, I built the application and received the attached error.  Is there something special I have to do to control the device/port/line on the front panel?

I'm kind of stuck here and would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Aaron M. Baumer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,443 Views)

Do you have DAQmx installed on the deployment computer?

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,424 Views)

Yes indeed I do.

Aaron M. Baumer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,411 Views)
And MAX and did you import the hardware config from the development pc?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,407 Views)

I don't believe so.  I'm not really sure what this means, but ti sounds like something that would affect the way my program runs.

How would I go about transferring the hardware configuration from my development pc to the deployment pc?  Is this something i could wrap up in the installer, or does it require extra steps outside of installation?  Thanks!

Aaron M. Baumer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,388 Views)

When you create an installer, one of the options is to export the hardware configuration in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,385 Views)