Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Traditional Daq ".daq" with custom scales to DAQmx format ".ini, .nce, or .txt"

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to convert tasks in traditional daq(.daq) format to the current DAQmx format (.ini or .nce). Traditional daq beta will not run on my Windows 7 Professional x64 machine, but I was able to load the file in XP Mode.

In XP mode, I found that the .daq contains many tasks with their own custom scales, so I tried to convert it into an .ini using the “export” option but am unable to. I just get the error “No products are installed that support this wizard”. I would like to know if there is a solution to converting all tasks with custom scales to the current version DAQmx without having to recreate them individually.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,315 Views)

Depending on the version of MAX you have, you might have to recreate the tasks manually. This is the case for versions 4.2 and later.

For versions 4.1 and earlier, you can upgrade the TDAQ configuration to DAQmx. This will allow you to use the tasks in the DAQmx format. And of course you'll be able to export the tasks if you need to.

Hope this helps.

Tarek B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,299 Views)

Thank you Tarek for the response,

Okay, I was hoping there was a simple method to convert the tasks. Too bad I have a version over 4.3 so I already began the process of recreating all the tasks and scalings.

And I just noticed that I posted message this under Digital I/O.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,290 Views)