Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling motor driver using Labview and SC2345?

Hello,

I am trying to control a motor driver using labview and I am lost as to what the process would be. I want to use a motor driver like this one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9457 and I am not sure if I can directly interface it with my equipment. I am using a NI USB-6251 connected to a SC2345. Which pins would I use to control the pins on the driver? Also how would I go about creating a program to do this? I want to be able to start the motor and control the speed of it using PWM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

JimboMcJambo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,497 Views)

Hi!

Have you worked with LabVIEW before? You need LabVIEW along with the NI DAQmx driver to control the USB DAQ-6251. the NI SC2345 will only route the DAQ outputs. You basically only need digital signals to control the drive and you have enough in your DAQ. However, you will need a separate power supply for the motor(s). For the PWM signals that control the velocity of the motor, I would recommend using a DAQmx Counter Output task so the PWM is generated hardware-timed. You could also use Digital Output task and generate the PWM software-timed, but it is going to be less stable. For the rest of the signals that the drive requires you can use Digital Output tasks.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,458 Views)