Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a multiplexer

Hi Chris,

But how do you read the ADC or better what ADC are you using.

btw. where do you live, our activity hours seems to be a bit out of phase Smiley Wink

Greetings from The Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,810 Views)
I am using an A/D built for this application.  I read the A/D with a serial cable.  (Specifically, DTR, RTS, CTS and GND)  Is that what you were asking?

I'm in East Coast US.

-Chris
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,804 Views)
Hi Chris,

To use the parallel port in LabVIEW you'll need NI-VISA installed. The Windows XP NI-VISA can be found here.

There are shipping examples in LabVIEW for reading/writing to the parallel port. Run Labview, on the Getting Started screen click Find Examples (lower right hand).
When the NI Example Finder launches, search for Parallel Port then look for Parallel Port Read & Write Loop.

Here's a pretty useful article, Learning LabVIEW 8 in 3 Hours. In addition to that, the NI Developer Zone has lots of indepth information on LabVIEW programming. Finally, you can always take the NI Customer Education classes on LabVIEW programming that are offered throughout the US. I would suggest starting with LabVIEW Basics I & II,  the jump to  LabVIEW Intermediates is a long one.

Have a great morning.

Best regards,

MatthewW
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,794 Views)

OK, that's clear.

I made a begin in LV for you. I did not wire everything I assume you want to learn.

Just take a look at the VI and tell me what you can make of it. Remember it is just a start......Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,792 Views)
Thanks Matthew and KC, I will take a look at what both of you sent and get back.

-Chris
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,788 Views)
Here's one approach to control a mux using an inexpensive DAQ device like the USB 6008.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(1,785 Views)
K C,

I only have verison 8.2 here.  Anyway you could repost the vi with 8.2?  Thanks again.  I tried to find someone around here with 8.5 but no luck.

-Chris
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,765 Views)

No problem but you have to wait till tomorrow. I don't have 8.5 at home  Smiley Sad  yet

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,746 Views)

Hello,

I am a newbie and starting off on a project. My cirucit has a MUX ( ADG1438BRUZ) 8:1 switch that ties 8 voltage inputs to a single DVM to make measurements.

Can someone in this community share a VI that I can learn from?

A. One that controls the MUX so it switches to the correct input.

ADG1438BRUZ.jpg

Appreciate the help.

SpitfireMk9

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(824 Views)