Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Multiple Solenoid Valves using NI 9485

Hello all,

I am trying to control two (or more) solenoid valves continuously and simultaneously using a NI 9485 which has 8 SSR channels. I tried using two different VI's which apparently does not work because I am using the same hardware (although different channels). Using two DAQ assistants (in two separate loops) caused the same problem. Seems like my only chance is to control them using a single DAQ assistant. The problem with this method (appart from the inconvenience of using only one DAQ assistant) is that I get an error for a mismatch between the array dimensions between DATA and TASK. I tried assigning a 2D boolean array to the DATA but it did not work. I would appreciate it if someone can help me with some specific details as I am new to the LV.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,512 Views)

Hi SiaVahidi,

In the link below there is a tutorial for getting started with the DAQ Assistant. In the first lesson, NI-DAQmx Express VI Tutorial, there are many good examples for what you can do with this Express VI and best practices for using it. I hope this helps!

Using the DAQ Assistant: https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/06/getting-started-with-ni-daqmx--main-page...

Best Regards,

William

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,488 Views)