Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control DIO of ni-845x in matlab

I'm trying to access the general purpose digital io of NI-8451 with matlab. I found many example how to control I2C and SPI of NI-8451 but I couldn't find the example regarding the DIO. Is there any guy knowing how to control DIO in matlab?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,926 Views)

Hey Cheney,

If you are having trouble programming the the 8451 in third party software, you should also try posting on their forums to see if you can get help from there too. 

Michael H

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,897 Views)

Hi,

Did you find a solution for that? I end at the same problem like you 2 years ago ...

Best regards

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,104 Views)

Hello Mathieu,

Perhaps you can call the DIO functions using the C API provided for the NI-845x hardware. I don't find any already built examples already made that use this functionality. I presume you are using the Instrument Control Toolbox™, for which perhaps the documentation for their built in fuctions can be of more guidance.

Let us know your results.

Instrument Control Toolbox™ and MATLAB® are trademarks or registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,096 Views)

I'm trying to get control to the DIO functions via Matlab. Is there anybody who has a solution for this?

Thanks you for your reply!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,144 Views)