cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting multiple DAQs into the same computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

Im working in a project where i wil need to connect more than 300 digital signs with a USB port.

I was looking for options, and found two that i liked, but i dont know if LabView will have troubles reading all the signs from different DAQs.

My first option is the USB-6501 (with 24 digital I/O), where Ill start doing the config, but if it works for what im looking for, i was expecting to repeat the same config in a total of 13 DAQs

My second option was, the High-Density Industrial I/O for USB (96 channels digital), and have in total 3 DAQs with an extra of the USB-6501 to complete my set of signals.

Can I connect more than one DAQs into the same computer? Meaning that all the DAQs will be working into the same LabView app?

Regards, 

LD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,043 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author luis_dominguez

The PC USB port is capable of 0.5A for USB 2.0 and 0.9A for USB 3.0

You'll need to look into current draw for each DAQ device.

Message 2 of 3
(5,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author luis_dominguez

Those modules are static DIO, so the bandwidth of the USB shouldn't be an issue.  As nyc mentioned, you might run into problems with the current draw on your USB port.  Definitely get an independently powered USB hub.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(5,035 Views)