Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I power two separate devices using one NI 9474

I have written a code to use port0/line0 of the NI 9474 to supply current to a Thermoelectric heater which I pulse on and off using LabVIEW. 

Now, I want to power one more thermoelectric heater and heat them both to two different temperatures (so their controls in LabVIEW will be different cases). 

When I connect it to another port0/line x or even to a different NI 9474 (I have an extra), I get power to only one heater and the other doesn't function.

I am connecting all my modules to a cDAQ-9178 (can hold 8 modules).

Is there a way around this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,385 Views)

If I had to take a guess, I would say that you need a 24V power supply that can supply more current.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,380 Views)

I am using a 12 V, 8.5 A supply. I think It may be enough. I remember reading that each chassis has only onw hardware clock. Will that affect my ability to run two separate digital o/ps from one chassis?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,377 Views)

Hi,

This KB might help answer that

How Many Different Tasks Can I Run on My Multifunction DAQ Card?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4118E8CE24F4101786257EAB00597A93

Daniel Parrott
Software Product Marketing - Data Management & LabVIEW
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,352 Views)