From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best configuration for Solenoid Valve control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm really new with everything that concerns Controllers or Relays so any help would be very appreciated.

I want to control 5 solenoid valves (website) with the following specifications:

Rated Voltage: 12 or 24 VDC, Allowable Voltage fluctuation:10%, Power consumption (when 24V rated voltage): 1.5W (0.06A)

I want to use LabView to control them. I saw at a similar post that I would need a digital I/O device a Relay Driver and a 24V generator.

I was thinking of using these:

NI 6501
relay driver (uln2003)

and a 24V power generator.

Is this enough to control the valves with LabView or do I need something else?

Thank you for your help!

Ilan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,355 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Drops

Yes, that combination should be adequate.  The ULN2003 is designed for exactly that type of application and works well.

Usually in English we refer to power supplies when talking about devices to convert ac power line voltages to lower voltage DC.

In addition to LabVIEW you will need a DAQ driver for the USB-6501. On Windows it will be DAQmx. On Mac or Linux the dirver is DAQmx Base. The driver is a separate installation from LV, although it may come on the same disks.

Lynn

Message 2 of 3
(6,339 Views)

Thank you Lynn!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,324 Views)