Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNC-2121 connector, how to define the user-defined connectors

Dear all,

We are doing fMRI neuroimaging with stimulus (Presentation, NeuroBehavioral Systems (NBS)). We have three signals (BNC cables) coming to BNC-2121 but we can get only counter 0 and counter 1 to work when connecting the cables to PFI lines 39 (Src0) and 35 (Scr1).

The manual says that: "when you want BNC connections for counters other than 0 or 1, you normally use the user-defined connections."

How do I use these user-defined connections? In more specific, how do I define them in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?

Br,

Timo Tuovinen MD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,420 Views)

Hi Timo,

here is some info from the BNC-2121 manual (page 5):"The user-defined functions area of the BNC-2121 has six user-defined
spring terminals, USER <1..6>, and six corresponding BNC connectors,
USER <1..6>. Use these spring terminal
s for either input or output. For
example, if you want to connect a BNC cable to GATE of a counter other
than Counter 0 or 1, connect a wire from the GATE spring terminal on the
660X device to a user-defined spring terminal (USER 1) on the BNC-2121,
and the signal is available through the corresponding BNC connector
(USER 1)."So depending on the card you are using you make the signal connetion for example to th BNC labeled User 1. Then connect wire from User 1 Spring Terminal to a PFI line that is used for the counter you want to use.Hope this helps. Jorghos

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,324 Views)

Hi, just curious, did you ever figure out how to use the user defined BNC connectors for your program or through MAX? I am having the same problem. 

Michelle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,551 Views)

It sounds like the only way to do this is by running a physical wire between the spring connectors...

I'm having an issue with this method distorting my digital signal, causing double counts on a more sensitive system.

Any recommendations?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,234 Views)