Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquisition of single datapoints an analog inputs

Dear Developer Zone,

i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to DAQ, but i am working on a project using the DAQmx C interface. So far i am able

to define voltage buffers and put them through an analog output. I still have a few questions though:

1. Is there a way to apply a DC voltage to an analog output other than writing an array full of the target value and using the sampled output?

2. I am trying to aquire the voltage on two ports on-demand. Right now, i am using DAQmxReadAnalogF64 for that. This works the first time, but not in subsequent calls. I suspect that this is because of buffered aquisition, so that i am only pulling values from the buffer filled at the first call to that function.

Is there a way to get voltages non-buffered and on-demand from C?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,077 Views)

Hi!

@ 1. There is an example which does exactly that: output of a single (DC)Value. Open the CVI Example Finder, you will find it under Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog generation>>Voltage>>VoltUpdate.prj

@2.I don´t know exactly, what you are doing, but when you aquire a finite amount of data with the internal clock on 1 or more channels, than there is also exactly that ready as an example:

Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurements>>Voltage>>Acq-IntClk.prj

Regards

René

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,043 Views)