Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD Combo to read automobile O2 sensor

i have an auto mobile O2 sensor and want to add that sensor to cRIO-DRIVVEN set for my ECU research. i am using AD Combo module as an Analog-Digital input for any automobile sensor, can i add O2 sensor via AD Combo?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,598 Views)

Hi rahmandarrandy, 

What are the model or part numbers of the modules you are using?  What is the interface for the O2 sensor?  Can you please provide links to both the O2 sensor you want to use, and to the DRIVVEN module?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,582 Views)

i am using AD Combo module, D000003 REV is its type.

for O2 sensor, i will be using BOSCH LSU4.2 UEGO sensor, with 4 output wires.

ummm sorry what do you mean by "Can you please provide links to both the O2 sensor you want to use, and to the DRIVVEN module?"

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,572 Views)

The AD combo module has several analog inputs, which should be fine to use with an analog sensor such as your Bosch O2 sensor.  However, I wasn't able to find any information about the output of the O2 sensor, so I can't confirm that it's output lies within the range that the DRIVVEN module accepts.  Do you have a datasheet that tells the electrical output characteristics for the O2 sensor? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,550 Views)

The image the OP attached shows 0-5V output.

BTW, I never realized NI had the DRIVVEN platform.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,547 Views)

tho voltage output from O2 is 0-5v.

how do i wire O2 sensor to AD-Combo pin?

and then, from Ad combo FPGA which is taken from library, there is no function represents signal output from O2 sensor, only four signal ouputs from for sensors available ( VR1, VR2, HALL1, HALL2)

yes, NI have DRIVVEN platform.

interested to try?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,545 Views)

It looks like you have to use the specialized DRIVVEN express VI to pull out the analog input values from the module.  The express VI can be found in the FPGA palettes under Drivven » Device Drivers » Modules » AD Combo » RevD <or> RevE.  The express VI there has an output cluster that contains analog data as U16 values, so you will probably have to take a look at the values and calibrate it to map the values to actual voltages from your O2 sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,536 Views)