From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6541 available as a simulated DAQmx device?

Solved!
Go to solution

In NI-MAX, when I attempt to add a simulated DAQmx device, I don't see the 6541 listed as a choice. Is this simulation perhaps available in a supplemental download?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,508 Views)

Hi,

I'm not immediately aware of if there is a supplemental download to simulate, but lets assume for the time being it is not an option. What are you specifically trying to simulate? My thought is that there will be suitable hardware that you can simulate the same desired functionality with.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,458 Views)

We will eventually have the hardware available. I was just looking for a way to do early software development and integration before then.

--Barry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,454 Views)

Hi,

You can still develop without the specific hardware physically available. If you look through the example finder in LabVIEW by following 'Help>>Find Examples' you will notice that the examples in the 'hardware input and output' folder are designed so the user can pick the device that is currently plugged in. You can set up your program beforehand and then select the physical channel when you have it in front of you down the line. There are also likely devices that you can simulate in the mean time that will effectively provide the same functionality. The only thing you would have to change in your program upon runtime would be the resource name that you are using for your programmed task.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,450 Views)

Hi,

I want to make sure that you are aware this device will be programmed using the NI HSDIO driver. This is the reason that you are not able to simulate it in NI MAX. I'd be glad to point you to an example that you could use to begin programming your project with.

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barry_Wealand

Yes, I am aware of the NI-HSDIO driver, and was planning to use it. I believe I have found the relevant examples (under the CVI "Find Examples..." help). Thank you kindly for your helpful suggestions!

--Barry

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,437 Views)