DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling rate for reading the robot arm position

Hi all:

In this thread a method to monitor the robot arm current position (though may not be properly "real-time")

http://forums.ni.com/t5/ImagingLab-Robotics-Library-for/How-can-I-monitor-the-current-position-amp-s...

I tested the above program and noticed that the sampling rate could be at most around 50 - 100 Hz. I believe the RC-7 controller could monitor the arm position at a much higher sampling rate. I wonder if anyone know how to read the arm position in real time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,321 Views)

Hi,

I think that the 50-100 Hz rate is a maximum rate for this operation because the controller needs to have some time to calculate its Cartesian current position and to transmit it. Probably you can archive higher rate using Joint representation, but I'm not sure.

Could you please describe your application? What would you like to achieve?

Kind regards,

Nikita.

Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer

e-mail nikita.prorekhin@digimetrix.com
web www.digimetrix.com

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,305 Views)

Hi,

basically the underlying protocol might be able to react in the range of 500 micro seconds.

This depends on the variable accessed by the DENSO robot library. As it seems the library

is using the "@CURRENT_POSITION" variable. The DENSO manual does not say anything

about response time for this variable.

The 500 micro seconds refer to the "@HIGH_CURRENT_POSITION" variable which seems

not to be accessible through the library (I might be wrong, though).

Then it could be a good idea to implement this variable in a future version of the library.

Regards,

Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,288 Views)