DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Time Error with DRL_Set_Get Current TOOL #.vi when called from TestStand sequence

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm implementing a series of Robot moves in a TestStand sequence. All the moves are working successfully in TestStand 2012, and the Denso Library VIs are called directly (LabVIEW 2012) as action steps in the sequence.

However, when I tried to add the DRL_Set_Get Current TOOL #.vi to the sequence, I get the following TestStand dialog,

Duplicate Labels on VI

The VI still shows up in TestStand and it appears I'm able to pass in the input variables (see attached screen cap). However, on execution I get the following TestStand Run-Time error at this step, "LabVIEW: robot session is a required parameter..."

TS_ErrorVI_Error.png

It appears TestStand is supplying the robot session to a duplicate connector/control (based on the initial dialog) and it's the wrong one. There's a whole bunch of methods working in the TestStand implementation. It's just this VI giving me trouble, and it's an important one. I can probably create an envelope VI for this one step, and have TestStand interface with the envelope VI, but I'd like to keep the Library intact and have the root cause fixed.

Regards,

Iggy

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,142 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iggyfromboston

Hello Iggy,

I work for DigiMetrix company (Former name is ImagingLab GmbH).

We have prepared a special build for you that has an updated version of this function. We've renamed the output terminal to "robot session*".  Please download it and install with VI Package Manager. 

We will publish this update soon in VIPM Network. 

Should you have any questions or comments please contact us (support@digimetrix.com).

Kind Regards,

Nikita.

Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer

e-mail nikita.prorekhin@digimetrix.com
web www.digimetrix.com

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,129 Views)

Nikita,

Thanks. I will try it out.

Regards,

Iggy

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,123 Views)

Nikita,

I installed the updated package, re-linked the Set/Get Current Tool # VI, and the TestStand sequence ran successfully with no errors. Thanks.

Regards,
Iggy Calalang

CTA Badge CPI Badge

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,119 Views)