DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Vibration Analysis

Hi,

Important Details before I ask my Question:

1. I need to do an experiment that would generally get the mechanical frequency response (frequency of the vibration) of a material when stimulated (possibly by impact, tap, and other methods) so I can do analysis on it (Frequency Analysis, Time Frequency Analysis, Wavelet Analysis, etc)

2. Available tools are:

a) 3-axis accelerometer

b) Labview Full Development System Version 8.6.1

c) NI PCI-6251 DAQ

d) NI PCI-5114

3. This is my first exposure to Labview. I have no experience with this and I'm new to this. So I'm here to ask for support from you guys. I reall need your help.

4. I would have tried learning as much as I can about Labview first before posting a question here but my time is limited for this specific experiment so I had to "dive in" and ask you guys first hand to get a general idea on how to approach this. I am really very unsure how to do this but I think that it is possible to conduct this experiment with Labview because I've read other posts and papers here that have done something very similar to what I need to do.

When I was trying out Labview, I found that it had an NI Sound an Vibration Assistant. But when I tried to open it, it wouldn't open. What are the possible reasons for this?

Can I do the experiment with the given available tools or is the Sound and Vibration Toolkit necessary for it to work?

With my initial readings, I found that the PCI-6251 is what I should use for getting signal.

What VI available from the Labview 8.6.1 Full Development System can I use to:

-acquire the vibration data and convert it to power spectrum

-acquire the vibration data and do frequency analysis on it.

I've been going through the posts here and through other research projects in this website but I may have missed some so if anyone could direct me to links that they think might be useful, please do. I could really use any help I could get right now.

With kind regards,

Jason Ray Crispo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,093 Views)

Can't find the edit button. *sigh..

Mod.. I think I accidentally posted this at the wrong category.. Sorry.. I wouln't mind if this was transfered.. thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,088 Views)
Mod, please delete this thread. I reposted this thread in the Labview category. I'm sorry for the mistake.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(9,085 Views)