From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Vibration Analysis

Hi,

Important Details before I ask my Question:

1. I need to do an experiment that would generally get the mechanical frequency response (frequency of the vibration) of a material when stimulated (possibly by impact, tap, and other methods) so I can do analysis on it (Frequency Analysis, Time Frequency Analysis, Wavelet Analysis, etc)

2. Available tools are:

a) 3-axis accelerometer

b) Labview Full Development System Version 8.6.1

c) NI PCI-6251 DAQ

d) NI PCI-5114

3. This is my first exposure to Labview. I have no experience with this and I'm new to this. So I'm here to ask for support from you guys. I reall need your help.

4. I would have tried learning as much as I can about Labview first before posting a question here but my time is limited for this specific experiment so I had to "dive in" and ask you guys first hand to get a general idea on how to approach this. I am really very unsure how to do this but I think that it is possible to conduct this experiment with Labview because I've read other posts and papers here that have done something very similar to what I need to do.

When I was trying out Labview, I found that it had an NI Sound an Vibration Assistant. But when I tried to open it, it wouldn't open. What are the possible reasons for this?

Can I do the experiment with the given available tools or is the Sound and Vibration Toolkit necessary for it to work?

With my initial readings, I found that the PCI-6251 is what I should use for getting signal.

What VI available from the Labview 8.6.1 Full Development System can I use to:

-acquire the vibration data and convert it to power spectrum

-acquire the vibration data and do frequency analysis on it.

I've been going through the posts here and through other research projects in this website but I may have missed some so if anyone could direct me to links that they think might be useful, please do. I could really use any help I could get right now.

With kind regards,

Jason Ray Crispo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(9,147 Views)

Can't find the edit button. *sigh..

Mod.. I think I accidentally posted this at the wrong category.. Sorry.. I wouln't mind if this was transfered.. thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(9,142 Views)
Mod, please delete this thread. I reposted this thread in the Labview category. I'm sorry for the mistake.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(9,139 Views)