Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Issues with Robotics Library for Epson

Configuration

Epson RC180 Controller

Type G3 SCARA

Issue #1

Set Digital Port to Start Address 12 and write 4 Booleans (12, 13,14, 15) throws error -401900

Epson Robotics Library.lvlib:EpRL-in_out-digital-set_port.vi:2420001

<ERR> Error 401900 occurred at Epson Robotics Library Possible reason(s): Controller error

<b>Error Code: </b>2345 <b>

Description: </b>I/O input/output byte number is out of available range or the board is not installed.

BUT can write bit 15 with no error using Set Digital Line and read bit 15 using Get Digital Port. 

This is a standard base RC180 configuration with no I/O options.

Issue #2

Where is the Jump command?  Very important aspect to prevent collisions in any application.

Issue #3

Where is the documentation for ImagingLab for Epson?  Found the Controller Setup Manual but that was all I could find.  Refers to Getting Started manual that I could not find.

Comments:  

•  Most of what I need is here and you did a nice job making it simple!!  I will probably use for my project and gladly pay you for making it simple.  
  •  Would of been nice to have added a few tools in LabVIEW like: Robot Manager, Point Editor, and Programming Points Assistant.  Having to create my own reduces the value of the buy the toolkit.  
  •  Do you plan to create a forum for ImagingLab Robotics Library for Epson or continue posting on Denso?

Matt Fitzsimons
NI Alliance Member
LabVIEW Champion
NI Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW, LV-RT, Vision, DAQ, Motion, and FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(8,225 Views)

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for posting this info!

Issue #1

It seems that this is a minor bug of the library and It should be fixed in the next release. Could you please email this error to support@digimetrix.com? We will send you an update as soon as possible and publish it via Tools Network (this may take some time).

Issue #2

The Jump command has a different name in our library - Move Arch (Jump) and Move Arch 3D (Jump3)

Issue #3

In order to open the documentation please run LabVIEW and navigate to Help Menu -> ImagingLab -> Epson Robotics Library. Also this document has a chapter called Getting Started (it is not so informative unfortunately)

Comments:  

Thank you very much for your opinion, It is very important for us! We had a discussion inside our team about adding more high-level tools into the library like Teach Pendant, Point Manager and so on and decided not to implement these features at this stage. It is good to know that these features are also needed by our customers, and we have plans to add them next year. In the meanwhile you can use native Epson software for robot teaching and for other unimplemented tasks. The library allows you to use Point ID for the stored positions so that you can teach the robot using Epson RC+ and control the arm using LabVIEW.

Our company now has a different name - DigiMetrix - and we are in the process of renaming. Surely we need to have a special forum thread for all our libraries and we are working on it. You can always reach us and get a support using an e- mail - support@digimetrix.com

Dear Matt, if you have any questions or thoughts on our libraries please do not hesitate to contact me using this email - nikita.prorekhin@digimetrix.com or support@digimetrix.com.

Kind regards,

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(8,203 Views)