From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I monitor the current position & status of Denso using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I know there are functions like "current position" and "get robot status", but how can I see the real-time position & status, while robot is moving. 

I mean, not the status at one point, but the entire time.  

Thanks! 

by S 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,274 Views)

Hi,

in order to read continuously robot position and status when the arm is moving, you could use a motion command with NEXT option as following:

move_next

this VI will be executed immediately without waiting the motion complete. Then after it you could place a while loop with reading of position and status until motion complete.

This way is not properly a real-time position and status reading but is the simplest way to get these info during motion.

Concerning real-time motion, ImagingLab is working on a new feature available from DENSO.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simone 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,271 Views)
Do I use a while loop to include everything, (i.e from denso open all the way to denso close) ? And place the function which reading position before the loop?   Thanks!  
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZSH2010

Like this:

example_code 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(10,264 Views)
Thank you! you are a genius!  
0 Kudos