From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment for using the DigiMetrix Library with KUKA

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to get every necessary part together to give DigiMetrix finally a try.

I've asked Beckhoff and KUKA for the right device to get the EtherCAT Master-Master Communication running but nobody really understood what I'm trying to do... 🙂
So far, I found the EtherCAT Bridge EL6692 and 6695 which seem to be appropriate.

Are there some experiences with these Bridges?

When it comes to NI, we have a cRIO 9024+FPGA, PXI-8106, PXI-7854R and PXI 7813R and i hope that’s enough.

I would really appreciate if somebody could confirm that one of those EtherCat Bridges are going to do the job with our FPGAs.
Did I miss anything important besides mxAutomation that might be expensive?

I really don’t want to order electronics that won’t fit.

Kind regards
Samuel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,822 Views)
Solution
Accepted by hlos

Hi Samuel,

- EL6992 is the right choice for this library. You don't have to program this device, you just need to configure it by importing device description files provided with the library

- cRIO 9024 supports NI EtherCAT communication driver, so it means it can be used for robot control

- mxAutomation is a MUST in this setup

In addition to EL6992 you need to have Beckhoff EK1100 Bus Coupler. This is the device where you install EL6992. Please take a look at paragraph 1.3 of the attached document.

-Nikita.

Did you know LabVIEW can control industrial robot arms? - www.digimetrix.com
Message 2 of 4
(8,814 Views)

Thank you Nikita for your quick reply and for posting the manual!!
I guess you were talking about the EL6692? I couldn't find any EL6992.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,796 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I meant EL6692

Thank you for the correction!

-Nikita

Did you know LabVIEW can control industrial robot arms? - www.digimetrix.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,784 Views)