DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a digimetrix license for every PC I deploy an application to ,containing the DRL VIs?

I created an application using the DRL VI library. When I create an installer, deploy it on a remote PC and try to run it, I'm prompted for imaging software DRL license activation. Do I need a license for every deployment of an app. containg this library? If not, is there an additional installer I need to include in my installer build? I looked over the list of the additional installers and did not see anything with the words Denso, Imaginglab, or digimetrix in the name.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,764 Views)

Helo cjrsupertech,

Yes, you need to have a separate license for every machine (PC or NI RT-target) that uses DRL VI's and communicates with a robot (from LabVIEW and/or from an application). 

DigiMetrix robotics library serves you as an additional LabVIEW toolkit. Unlike other additional LabVIEW modules and toolkits DigiMetrix libraries do not use separate Development and Run-Time licenses. Instead libraries use a different scheme where license is moving with a robot (or robots) connected to the PC or LabVIEW Real-time target, on which robot application is actually running. This PC and LabVIEW Real-time target are called PC target and RT target accordingly.

Every purchased license includes the following:

• One PC target license
  • One RT target license

Kind regards,

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,755 Views)