Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Error Handler Library

I tried the SEH w/ LV2009 and the Classify Error option of the Express VI doesn't seem to be working.  Did it work in 8.6?  If not the code behind the Express VI's config dialog needs to be fixed.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 117
(13,167 Views)
I think I fixed it: "Configure Specific Error Handler.vi" (the config dialog for the Express VI) calls "Sort and Convert Ranges.vi".  In the case structure on the left (inside the For Loop), the "Code" and "Invalid" cases need to be changed to unbundle and bundle the "Error Classification" as well.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 117
(13,165 Views)

Good catch.  I can't figure out if this somehow changed in 2009 or if I managed to miss it in testing.  Either way, a new version of the library with the fix applied is posted.  Unfortunately, I don't have 8.6 on my machine any longer, so the new version is in LV 2009.

Regards,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 117
(13,137 Views)

Actually, I wasn't able to publish it due to a problem with our web publishing tools, but the new version will be published as soon as I can wrestle them into submission.

Regards,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 117
(13,136 Views)

Hello Ryan,

So the latest release is built in LV 2009?

Any chance of either getting an 8.6 version?

Or, are all the files in the "<user.lib>\SEH" folder. If there's more, can you post a list so I can back save them myself.

I'm still supporting and developing a cRIO project that was built in 8.6 and probably won't be brought up to 2009 and I'd like to incorporate this.

Thanks

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 01-19-2010 09:00 AM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 117
(13,062 Views)

Hi Ed,

The latest version is indeed in 2009 and I don't think I'll post a back-saved version, but all of the files are in the user.lib/SEH folder so it should be easy to backsave.

Hope you find it useful,

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 117
(13,057 Views)

Ryan,

I saved the "<user.lib>\SEH" folder back to 8.6 and have one problem.

The "subSpecific Error Handler.vi" is broken. There's an Unbundle by Name that is set to unbundle four elements and two of them are not in the cluster. One is a String labeled "Prompt Message", the other is a Boolean labeled "Display Prompt?"

None of the included controls have either of these controls.

Otherwise the Express VI loads and seems to work. I've zipped the folder and attached it.

Couple other small things I noticed in 8.6 is the Merge VI's didn't work (haven't look at them in 2009 yet) and I made a palette icon for it. The first time you doubleclick the Express VI, it takes a long time to open the config panel.

I need to install the Express VI Toolkit and play with a bit.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 17 of 117
(13,056 Views)

I'm not sure how well the dir.mnu files will transition going backwards in versions so to set up the merge VIs you probably just need to go into the palette editor and re-set the place VI contents option.

The subSpecificErrorHandler is obsolete, I should have removed it but I didn't notice it was still in there.  That's an earlier version of the VI that did some additional things like pop up dialog boxes.  I decided I preferred to leave dialog boxes up to a central error handler.  I'll get it out of there next time I do an update, for now you can delete or ignore it.

I also see the same first-use load time with any user-created express VI.  I should probably look into it and see if there is a way to improve that, but for the time being assume its expected behavior.

Thanks for posting the back-saved version.

Ryan K.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 117
(13,053 Views)

Thanks Ryan. I'll just ignore the bad VI.

I did fix the .mnu files in the above posted zip file. The merge VIs work and I removed the sub palettes and subVIs that shouldn't be displayed in the palette.

It just needs to be unzipped and copy the entire "SEH" folder to the "LabVIEW 8.6\user.lib" folder.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 117
(13,050 Views)

Hi, I tried the SEH using the retry option in a loop.  It seems that the while loop should be setup as "continue if true" and not "stop if true" to work properly.  Is this correct?

-Keith 

Message 20 of 117
(12,982 Views)