NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

Development and Deployment Practices

komorbela
0 Kudos

Re: Specific Error Handler Reference Library

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the answer! Good to know that I can dig into the code and see for myself what kind of risk may it carry, and what tests should I build around it to test it if I need to do so.

Oli_Wachno
0 Kudos

Hi there,

are there nay plans on implementing this lib on base of the Actor Framework? IMHO this would fit quite nicely

Best Regards

Oli

Active Participant
ryank
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've discussed it with Allen, and it's something we're planning to look into.  No ETA on it though.  Of course, the source is provided, so if you're feeling ambitious you could always take a crack at it :smileyhappy:

Ryan

Oli_Wachno
0 Kudos

I feared you'd make that DIY suggestion :smileywink:

ASharma
0 Kudos

Bug: "Priority" in Express VI incorrectly being compared to "Number of Notifications per Priority" in CEH...

I just downloaded the latest version of the SEH and was using the "Repeating Error Handler" and CEH templates that ship with the SEH.  It looks like the "Priority" configured in the Express VI is incorrectly being compared to "Number of Notifications per Priority" as set in the CEH.

In other words:

1. In the CEH I have "Number of Priorities" set to 3.
2. In the CEH I have "Number of Notifications per Priority" set to 5.
3. The Express VI throws error 537602 only if I set "Priority" to 5 or more. I think it should throw an error if I set the "Priority" to 3 or more.

4. If I set the Priority in the Express VI to 0-2, the CEH responds as expected.

5. If I set the Priority in the Express VI to 3-4, the CEH doesn't do anything.

A couple of other things which are not bugs necessarily but really should be changed:

1. The Tip Strips for some of the controls in the Express VI Configuration Dialog box are misleading or incorrect.
2. The "VI to Call" input requires that the ".vi" extension be included. The Express VI should figure out to add the ".vi" extension if it is missing.
3. Since the "Loop?" output of the Express VI is TRUE when we WANT an iteration to occur, the Conditional Terminal of the While Loop in the "Repeating Error Handler" snippet VI should correspondingly be set to "Continue if TRUE" and not "Stop if TRUE".