Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Error Handler Library

Please ignore my last post gents.

The issue was not with the SEH central handler vi's but was a problem with writing the error information to the FAT32 file system on the RT target (too many files in a FAT32 folder result in a very long file write time) .

David Spall

0 Kudos
Message 101 of 117
(5,433 Views)

Hello,

I'm just getting started with the Structured Error Handler but I'm a bit confused about something. The SEH docs give an example of when the same error would need different classifications:

'a "file not found" error when opening a critical configuration file implies a very different response than a "file not found" error when opening a log file'.

However, if in this example I'm using the same file read VI to open my configuration file as I am my log file, then they'll be genreating the same error code. As far as I can tell, you can only list an error code once in the Specific Error Handler express VI, and therefore it can only have one classification. Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

Christian. 

0 Kudos
Message 102 of 117
(5,375 Views)
The idea of the express vi is that you can drop multiple instances of it at very specific places in your code. Each instance has its own configuration.
0 Kudos
Message 103 of 117
(5,370 Views)

Oh I see, thanks! It looked to me in the first instance as if the configuration was being copied across to new instances of the express VI, but now I see that's not the case.

Christian.

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 117
(5,368 Views)
Yeah, express VIs actually save the configuration in scripted constants inside the subvi. If you do want to copy configuration from one instance to another you can use the save and load buttons on the configuration window to save it to a file.
0 Kudos
Message 105 of 117
(5,365 Views)

Hi,

I've just installed SEH and tried to use it. I need to use Repeteating Error Handler functionality. I write simple code but the loop never ends (I don't have any errors from init function so it should stop after first try).

Capture.JPG

Am I doing something wrong ?

Kamil

0 Kudos
Message 106 of 117
(5,223 Views)

Change the conditional terminal on the while loop to a " Continue if True" condition. The example that comes with the SEH VI palette is incorrect.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/changing_the_continuation/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--CLD--
LV 6.1 to 2015 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 107 of 117
(5,218 Views)

I've upgraded to LabVIEW 2017 and can no longer configure the SEH.  Is there a way to make it work in this version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 117
(4,794 Views)

@HawaiiKeith wrote:

I've upgraded to LabVIEW 2017 and can no longer configure the SEH.  Is there a way to make it work in this version of LabVIEW?

I had to reinstall the GXML library with LabVIEW 2017, and now it works. 

0 Kudos
Message 109 of 117
(4,787 Views)

RTEH VIs missing on RT targets

I've installed SEH v2.1.10.1 on LabVIEW 2017 but the palette doesn't give me the RTEH versions when editing a VI on my RT target (cRIO-9063), but instead shows the SEH VIs.

I tried to revert to the previous SEH version (2.0.6.9) which was works fine in this regard.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 117
(2,905 Views)