Components

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Error Handler Library

Ryan,

Do you have a .vip that has the GXML bundled with the SEH? I see that people are still running into the error when they try to install using VIPM. Would bundling the GXML library with your SEH get around this issue for now?

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 117
(6,984 Views)

Where should I extract the files to?

Michael C. Nedrow
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 117
(6,977 Views)

The old version (1.0.1) uses an installer, so you can extract it to a temp folder and then run the intstaller.

The new version uses VI Package manager, so you can extract to a temp folder and the install it using VI Package manager (you must install the GXML vip first, as described by previous posts).

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 117
(6,971 Views)

With GXML installed the VIPM tool tells me that it can not find it, I get the missing dependency notice.

How can I correct this?

Michael C. Nedrow
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 117
(6,962 Views)

Hi Michael,

I also had the same problem that I installed the GXML with the Installer and than the SEH from the VIP file.

In this case you get a missing Dependency, because the VIPM searches fro the GXML in the packages installed with the VIPM.

Just install the GXML from a VIP file (as I know this is the latest ni_lib_gxml-1.4.0.4.vip) and than you can install the SEH, It will find the dependency and install normally.

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 117
(6,954 Views)

Thank You

um no to sound like a fool (not that it has ever stopped me before)  (grin)  how do I get VIPM to look for this file on my PC?

I downloaded and extracted the file, restarted VIPM, it does not seem to find it.

Mike

Michael C. Nedrow
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 117
(6,960 Views)

Mike,

Once you download the GXML .vip to your desktop, you should just be able to double-click it and VIPM will take it from there. Once you get done installing the GXML .vip, you should be able to then install the SEH .vip by double-clicking it as well.

Message 77 of 117
(6,958 Views)

Thank You Vrey Much

That did it.

My PC was changing the file extension to .zip.

I changed it to .vip and everything worked liks a charm.

Thanks Again.

Michael C. Nedrow
0 Kudos
Message 78 of 117
(6,953 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I just would like to know if the SEH will be released officially by NI? I really would like to use it, but I need a trackable software that has guaranteed execution, as the release of my software requires it.

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 117
(6,939 Views)

Sorry for the slow response, I was out of the office for a couple weeks.

We have considered adding SEH or something like it to the product, but as of this time there are no concrete plans to do so.

The SEH distributions include the full source for the component, which means that you can simply integrate it into your own code and own the maintenance of it yourself.  The logic that actually gets included in your application when using it is relatively simple (most of the complexity is in the configuration dialogs), so this could be a viable, if not an ideal, solution.

Regards,

Ryan

Message 80 of 117
(6,925 Views)