Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why My Addon name is not listed in the Third Party Add-on window

Solved!
Go to solution

I created the license file with LFEdit and followed the procedure to add licensing to labview code library and created an installer with the Labview Installer. It was working properly. But in one of my client side, our addon name is not listed in the Third party Add-on window ( Help--> Activate Add-Ons...). So we can't activate our Add-ons.

I verified the below:

Addon components are installed properly in the National Instruments folder

License file installed properly in the specified folder

No error when registering the Add-ons

I am using LV2011 & Windows XP OS.

Can anyone help me to activate our add-on? Thanks in advance

Thanks

Prithivi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(15,677 Views)

Hi Prithivi,

I'm sorry to hear that your customer is experiencing problems.  I have a few follow-up questions for you to clarify the problem.

1.  What version of LabVIEW is your customer using?  Licensed libraries will only work in LabVIEW 2010 or later.

2.  What version of Windows is your customer using?

3.  Have you tested installing the add-on to a test computer with the same version of Windows and LabVIEW as your customer?  If so do you see the same problem or does it work correctly?

4.  What happens when your customer tries opening one of the licensed VIs?  If the VI is broken, have them click on the broken run arrow and LabVIEW might give some insight on what is broken or wrong.  If the VI opens and runs properly, have them try restarting LabVIEW and see if the add-on is now in the Activate Add-ons window. 

I hope one of these ideas helps narrow down the problem, but let me know if we need to continue investigating.

Best of luck,

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(7,848 Views)

Dear David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. LabVIEW 2011

2. Windows XP

3. We tested the same installer in our office with same version of windows and LabVIEW. Infact, we tested with the Windows 7 PC ( 32 bit & 64 bit) also. It is working correctly.

4. VI is broken for the customer and on clicking the broken run arrow, error message says "Library that contains the VI or item is not properly licensed".

Note: When the customer tried with someother laptop, installer works fine. But it fails to work in 2 other desktop's. One differnece is Laptop having the internet connection and the desktop doesn't have. Also it seems desktop and the laptop are in different workdomain.

Thanks,

Prithivi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(7,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prithivi

Hi,

I think I know what the problem is as we've seen this same issue before on Windows XP computers with no internet connection.  The DLLs used for Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit are signed using a newer root certificate than what ships with Windows XP.  Because of this Windows does not recognize the DLL as valid and will not let the code run, therefore breaking the licensing functionality in LabVIEW.  There is a Windows Update that fixes this and adds the new certificates, but if you have not had internet on this computer you will not have this update.  You can manually download and install this update from Microsoft's Website or you can connect the computer to the internet and run Windows Update. 

Hopefully this solves the problem, but please let me know if the customer still experiences issues.

David

Message 4 of 20
(7,848 Views)

Dear David,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will communicate the same to the customer and we will verify tomarrow.

Thanks

Prithivi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(7,848 Views)

It worked. Perfect Solution.

I really want to thank for your prompt support.

Thanks

Prithivi

Message 6 of 20
(7,848 Views)

Great news!  I'm glad it was an easy solution and I'm glad to help.

Have a great day,

David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(7,848 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem, but on Windows 7.

Add-on is installed and registered, the license file is in a proper folder.

The problem is that the machine on which addon is installed has no access to the internet. Is it needed to activate an add-on?

Jerzy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(7,848 Views)

I recommend adding the following INI token to your LabVIEW.INI file: DPrintfLogging=True  Then check the error log () saved in the temp directory for statements starting with LV2P. (In Windows at : C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\)  Are any errors reported?  What LabVIEW version? Have you tried to 'Run as Administrator'? Are you able to download the latest Root Certificate installer from Microsoft to update this machine (if needed)?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(7,848 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunatelly I don't have an easy access to this machine, but I will try with a token and let You know about the results.

In the meantime - LabVIEW 2011 SP1 (I'm afraid it is a german version of LabVIEW, does it matter?).

The machine is in corporate network - it has no access to internet, but as far as I know it gets all the Microsoft System Updates.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(7,848 Views)