From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get activation category?

Hi,

I need to wrap license for a .exe file. I have some doubts regarding that.

1.Is it possible to activate only a part of code?

2.Is it possible to have different categories in activation of license using third party licensing and activation toolkit.i.e., a lite version enables only a part of code and a full version for the entire feature? How to make it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,063 Views)

madhu,

1) Using the TPLAT API you can very easily activate portions of the code at a time.  All you need to do is use the Check License Status VI as described here and wrap the case structure around different parts of your code that you want disabled when the product is activated.

2) DIfferent levels of activation (such as Full/Base/Pro) is not possible with the TPLAT API, but others have discussed other methods of doing this in various other places such as here, here, here, here, and here.

I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

David

Message 2 of 7
(5,436 Views)

Thank you David.

Do you have any sample showing how to use instant plus API with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,436 Views)

Unfortunately I don't have experience using the Instant PLUS API with LabVIEW.  Since this is not part of the Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit, I haven't had the opportunity or time to learn it.  If you are interested, I would contact Concept Software (Developers of InstantPLUS) or the other developers on this forum who have had success with it to see if they have any examples or advice on how to call the API. 

I'm sorry that I can't be much more help with this  software, but if you do figure it out or are successful, I strongly encourage you to post your findings to help other users like yourself in the future. 

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,436 Views)

David,

Thanks for the reply.

Concept Software too don't have any examples for this. If you could find it out,let me know. That would be helpful for me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,436 Views)

Hi madhu,

I don't know so much about Concept Software solution, but you can definitely accomplish what you want with BLT for LabVIEW.

Here is a tutorial that shows how to Lock code portions of your application based on the license state: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-35483

There is a free version of BLT for LabVIEW that you can use as you want with your own application. See this video for a quick presentation: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfYCWNRtar8

Regards,

Matthias.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

Message 6 of 7
(5,436 Views)

Hello everyone,

We have just released the new Instant Protection PLUS 3 API VIs for LabVIEW!

Here is a tutorial to help get you started with the API. For feature based licensing, follow the instructions in the Modular Applications Tutorial. You will need to use the WR_LFGetNum VI in addition to the trigger codes to determine which features/modules should be enabled.

With the new VIs you can now protect both 32-bit and 64-bit executables with standard licensing or slightly more advanced licensing requirements such as Network Floating Licensing, Feature-Based Licensing, and Consumption-based licensing.

Log in to download the latest edition of Instant Protection PLUS 3 or click here to request a free trial!

Check out our blog post about the New Licensing Improvements Driven by LabVIEW Developers.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,436 Views)