Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant PLUS API

Hi all,

I'm developing a commercial software (using LabVIEW 2012). Right now I'm about to add license management to the application. The thing is that I have a hard time figuring out how to do it..

As I understand SoftwareKey's solution including Instant SOLO Server and Protection PLUS is the way to go. Since the EXE is to be sold in different levels of access to its functionallity, I guess Instant PLUS API needs to be added to the sourcecode for locking/unlocking features. In other words, the predefined license levels (0 Invalid 1 Expired 2 Evaluation 3 Activated) won't do.

Does anyone have experiences of using Instant PLUS API integrated in the source code of a LabVIEW built EXE? I would really appreciate support how to get started.

A brief explanation of my case

The Application includes a variety of different functionality. Some features of the program needs a higher degree of protection and are therefore

located on a server software. The client software communicates with the server software via TCP/IP to send parameters and obtain data from these protected functions.

The client software will be released in several levels of functionality (same software but some or more functionality are locked due to the specific license key).

A desirable set of levels to start with are:

• Free trial – No registration or license needed and free of charge. Limited to 10-30 days evaluation. This version has very limited functionality (e.g. no access to server software functionalities).
  • Free registered – Registration needed but still free of charge. No time limitation. In relation to the Free limited version the registration unlocks some few functionalities (e.g. some access to server software functionalities).
  • Lite – Low cost version. No time limitation.
  • Full – A bit more expensive version. 1 year limitation.
  • Pro – Most expensive version. No time

Lite, Full and Pro also differ to each other in functionality access.

Regards

Jon

JonS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,057 Views)

Hello Jon,

I don't have so much experience with Instant PLUS, but I am the product manager of BLT for LabVIEW and I can definitely tell you that it can answer all your needs.

Please check out these links and feel free to try the product and see if it answer your needs.

http://www.studiobods.com/en/produits.html

https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/tools-network/download.blt-for-labview.html

Please note that the "Product Features" ins not yet documented in the online help, but I have the API ready. This will be useful for you so let me know if you are interested and when you have question about using this.

Best regards,

Matthias

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,871 Views)

It would be great if somebody could provide an example of accessing Instant PLUS API!

NI, can you help??

Why did NI lock the block diagram of the Activation Toolkit??  Now we can't extend it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,871 Views)

Hi Battler,

Unfortunately, while we recognize that InstantPLUS is a solution for protecting your software, NI has not done any work with the InstantPLUS API and therefore don't have any examples available for it.  The Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit utilizes a subset of important functionality in the SoftwareKey solution, but InstantPLUS is not one we have implemented at this time.  I would recommend contacting ConceptSoftware, the creator of InstantPLUS and they may have some advice or examples for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,871 Views)

Hello everyone,

We have just released the new Instant Protection PLUS 3 API VIs for LabVIEW!

Here is a tutorial to help get you started with the API. For feature based licensing, follow the instructions in the Modular Applications Tutorial. You will need to use the WR_LFGetNum VI in addition to the trigger codes to determine which features/modules should be enabled.

With the new VIs you can now protect both 32-bit and 64-bit executables with standard licensing or slightly more advanced licensing requirements such as Network Floating Licensing, Feature-Based Licensing, and Consumption-based licensing.

Log in to download the latest edition of Instant Protection PLUS 3 or click here to request a free trial!

Check out our blog post about the New Licensing Improvements Driven by LabVIEW Developers.

Message 5 of 5
(4,871 Views)