Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track user activity in LabVIEW?

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to track user activity in LabVIEW and eventually save it in a file for future reference.

i want to track/log all the clicks or actions the user does in a particular LabVIEW session.

Is there any example or documentation that provide an insight on this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,665 Views)

that sounds...creepy. what for?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,498 Views)

I guess you are talking about tracking this in the LabVIEW Development Environment, and not within an executable built with LabVIEW?

If this is an exe I can definitely help you, if not, really creepy indeed;)

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

Message 3 of 6
(5,498 Views)

Hi David/mbaudot,

Yes it may sound creepy, but the idea is to provide the user with a way to automatically run through a set to steps that he/she has already done in previous LabVIEW session(s) as opposed to manually doing all the activities from scratch. This way the user experience can be enhanced multi fold.

There is another IT issue I want to address by doing this, where in user log off is required when the user walks away from the setup triggering the user to start from scratch again.

I want to implement this feature in both the development environment and the exe as well.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,498 Views)

Take a look a this tool in the NI Labs

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-29991

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,498 Views)

Hi DanyAllard,

Thanks for the link. I will try it out and get back on how it works out.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,498 Views)