From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Manual Activation

Is it possible with the TPLAT to licence a Deployed LabVIEW Application (ie. EXE) without having to use the SOLO Server to get any Activation Codes and then get the Client to e-mail back a code which I then use to generate a registration key and e-mail back to them?

I was just after something really basic and self-contained within the TPLAT VI's at the moment.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,862 Views)

Hello Chris,

I'm not sure that you can do that with TPLAT. Maybe someone with more knowledge on TPLAT will give you a more accurate answer.

However, if you want to try an alternative solution, I can tell you that BLT for LabVIEW can do this for sure!

There is a free version of the product so feel free to give it a try.

Matt.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,179 Views)

Hello Chris,

TPLAT is typically used for licensing libraries/add-ons.  

If you are trying to protect a LabVIEW EXE (as opposed to a library/add-on), I would suggest that you check out Instant Protection PLUS 3.  It uses similar technology as TPLAT (reviewed by NI) and can be used pretty easily.   It does not require SOLO Server.   If your business grows and you want to automate the activation process (as well as allow customers to transfer licenses by themselves), you can always add SOLO Server later.

You can download a free trial from our website:

http://www.softwarekey.com/protection-plus/download-trial/

There is a tutorial on using Instant Protection PLUS published by NI here:

License a LabVIEW Executable Using Instant PLUS

Let us know if you have additional questions!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,179 Views)

Thanks for the responses.

The BLT for LabVIEW is great in that it offers a free version which would do the job I need now, but it is a lot more expensive than the Protection Plus suite in the longer term, so I wouldn't want to change my protection method.

I will see if I can patch something together in the short term, but have a look at the Protection PLUS 3 for the longer term.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,179 Views)

Hello again Chris,

I would like to better understand your needs for the long-term. We have other pricing models for BLT without yearly maintenance fees that could better serve your needs.

Please contact us directly at contact@studiobods.com and I'm sure we can find the right solution for you.

Also, feel free to let me know if you need help for your short-term project. We can definitely do screensharing or chatting with you to ensure you get started quickly and successfully.

Regards,

Matt.

Matthias Baudot | Software Architect | Founder at STUDIO BODs

STUDIO BODs     BLT for LabVIEW     LabVIEW Champion     Certified Professional Instructor     DQMH Trusted Advisor     GCentral Sponsor

Check out my LabVIEW presentations and videos!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,179 Views)

Hello Chris,

We also have special offers for LabVIEW partners, plus it is our engine which is driving TPLAT that NI developed as well as part of the serial number distribution system that drives the NI LabVIEW Tools Network store.

Feel free to contact us at sales@softwarekey.com or other methods.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,179 Views)