DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand Set Property not working Inside DQMH Module Main.

HI,

I want to set variable Property in Teststand from Labview.

I sent  Sequence Context to Simple VI  (ExtSet) and also DQMH Teststand Manager Start Module.

Simple VI  = No Error,

DQMH Teststand Manager = Error (Variable not found).

Note:(No space in Variable Name, both code are same).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,010 Views)

Hi Saran,

I don't have TestStand 2016 installed, I will install it and get back to you when I get to see your sequence.

In the mean time, the code in the Trigger case inside the MHL case "Trigger" is not the same as the code in ExtSet.vi.

In the ExSet.vi you are setting "FileGlobals.SeqName" in both event cases, where in the Trigger case you are setting both "FileGlobals.SeqName" and "Locals.SeqName". Please make sure you do have "SeqName" defined in both places in your Sequence file.

Regards,

Fab 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,961 Views)

Hi Fab,

I have tried to set both Global and Local Variables. Both Give Same Error inside DQMH.

FileGlobals.SeqName

Locals.SeqName

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,958 Views)

HI,

TestStand Set Variable Working only for StationGlobal Variables.  

for other FileStations and Locals, it Shows Unknown Variable 

VariableTest.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,920 Views)

Saran,

I got TestStand 2016 installed. I had to modify the search directories to find the ExtSet.vi and I did not see any errors.

Do you have the TestStand sequence file you used when you did the same test with the DQMH TestStand Manager?

I don't understand what are you trying to do. It seems that you took the DQMH TestStand Manager from the Delacor shipping example and modified it. If you want to look at how a DQMH module can modify local variables within a TestStand sequence, then take a look at TestStand Thermal Chamber Controller Example.seq file. There, you will see a local variable called "Actual_Temperature", this variable is updated every time the step "Request and Return Thermal Chamber Status" step is executed (inside a loop in the main sequence). You can add a watch in TestStand (under the debug menu) to see how this value changes during execution. Bring the thermal chamber front panel VI to the front and you will see the value reported there is the same as the one reported in TestStand.

Your inquiry had me looking with more detail into the shipping example. In that example, the TestStand manager is only there to ensure that when the TestStand Sequence is terminated, the rest of the modules are stopped. This is only used for the TestStand Thermal Chamber Controller Example With DUT.seq and for the TestStand Thermal Chamber Controller Example With Multiple DUT.seq

That said, on further inspection of the TestStand Manager_DQMH Main.vi, I noticed that the code is enqueing to a "Stop DQMH Modules" case that is not present in the MHL!! When the sequence is terminated, the code is being aborted and that code never executes, and even if it did, it would not work because that case is not there. We will be looking at this module with more detail for the next DQMH release.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,880 Views)