DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Rename DQMH Module

Solved!
Go to solution

I've got a question regarding renaming - or rather moving - DQMH modules. Maybe that pertains more to lvlibs in general.

When trying to move a DQMH module to another folder, I first rename it via "Tools -> Delacor -> DQMH -> Rename DQMH Module...". The .lvlib file itself is then stored at the new location I specify.

What is the easiest / fasted way to also move the contained VIs of the .lvlib without breaking dependencies?

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joerg.hampel

Hi Joerg,

One way is to right click on the library and rename it, in that process put it where it belongs (let's call that the <target folder>).
Then go to the files view on the project and drag all of the files from the <current folder>/ModuleA/  to <target folder>/ModuleA/*

Also, next time you create a DQMH module, you have the option of selecting which folder to put them on, the default is Libraries.

Regards,
Fab
For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,339 Views)

Thanks, Fab - this is pure genius!

Truth be told, I never really knew what the files view of the project window should be used for 🙂

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 3 of 3
(3,334 Views)