DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Cases are automaticallyl renamed with wrong names in a Parent module with couple of child modules

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, thanks much for the awesomeness of DQMH toolkit! 

I am working on a system in which one task consists of three sub-tasks.  At this point, lets say there are three sub-tasks such as acquiusition task, calculation task, and logging task.  Then, I created one parent task which is based on the three sub-tasks.  Therefore, I register the broadcast events from these three sub-tasks onto the event structure of the parent task.  After I register all the broadcast events from the sub-tasks, I created an API from the fantastic Delacor shortcut on LabVIEW.  After that, I found that some of the sub-task broadcast events, which are registered in event structure of parent task, are automatically renamed.  Before the automatic rename, the registered event of sub-task was named such as {"sub-task name" -- "broadcast event name of the sub-task"}.  However, after the automatic rename, the registered name was changed and the part of "sub-task name" was replaced with "parent-task name". 

This made me to re-register all the renamed sub-task broadcast events, which took me about 10 minutes : P 

Well, this ten minutes are much less than the amount of time which is saved by your fantastic DQMH toolkit, but if it is possible, I would like the toolkit to consider some part of hierarchical module developments to support larger applications.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,307 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author o.fujioka

This is a bug with the way the Event Structure maps user events when the contents of the register event cluster change. It can be reproduced outside of the DQMH, just by using the LabVIEW editor to change the contents of user event clusters in a certain way.

The issue has been reported to NI as CAR 573810, and we're hoping to see a fix in a future LabVIEW version. For now, I don't know of any workarounds, other than manually reconfiguring the event structures when you observe the bug take place.

Message 2 of 4
(3,817 Views)

Thank you so much for your immdiate answer.  I got the situations.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,817 Views)

Darren wrote:

This is a bug with the way the Event Structure maps user events when the contents of the register event cluster change. It can be reproduced outside of the DQMH, just by using the LabVIEW editor to change the contents of user event clusters in a certain way.

The issue has been reported to NI as CAR 573810, and we're hoping to see a fix in a future LabVIEW version. For now, I don't know of any workarounds, other than manually reconfiguring the event structures when you observe the bug take place.

I have been using DQMH in LabVIEW 2016 and this bug seems to have been fixed.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,817 Views)