From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DQMH Consortium Toolkits Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Main in the UI Execution System

Solved!
Go to solution

I rarely change the "Preffered Execution System" of a VI but I just got an error in my main that may require it.  I want to see peoples thoughts on that.

On my main I am adding an ActiveX control to load a PDF.  When I load the PDF I get error: "Error 3006 occurred at Automation Interface can only be used in the User Interface Execution System."

So... I can make the main in the UI, but I am not sure that is the best method.  I guess I could make a subVI and use a subpanel.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,232 Views)

All bets are off with ActiveX and .NET. I had a similar situation a while back where the main VI of my (non-DQMH) app just wouldn't work at all unless I ran the VI in the UI thread. It was doing a bunch of .NET stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,229 Views)

Is there any specific "danger" to running the DQMH in the UI?  It has been awhile since I dove into the pros and cons of execution systems, but I do remember UI being one I didn't generally play with, thought I thought property nodes where in the UI thread....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Evan

I don't think there's any danger in running the DQMH main VI in the UI thread.

Message 4 of 4
(4,225 Views)