Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkurtw

Make the NI Script Editor an actual script editor

I am learning how to use the scripting feature of NI-RFSG and the script editor is an incredible frustrating tool.

Why do you show text if you can't type? Show a diagram if you don't want people typing.

I am using Notepad to type my scripts and then moving the text over.

There should be a way to allow people to type in the script editor and do on the fly syntax checking... or even do it after. I can export my script to the clipboard, but why can't I paste into it?

Just let people type.

3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I've never heard of this tool. I went and looked it up.

Turns out, this is not a part of LabVIEW. It's a separate toolkit. For those who are interested, NI RFSG is the NI Radio Frequency Signal Generator. It can be downloaded from here. It works with both LV and CVI. The script editor seems to be some sort of strange meta programming dialog.

I'll send a link to this idea to someone who works on that toolkit. Since this idea does not apply to LabVIEW, it may get moved to a different forum.

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

AQ - you linked to version 1.4. Here is a link to an (updated?) NI-RFSG 1.6.2. I, too, had never heard of the toolkit (but I knew it was a true NI toolkit when I saw the download size 😉 ).

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am going to move this idea over to the DAQ Idea Exchange so that the DAQ and RF guys will be able to look over it.