From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
crossrulz

High Voltage DAQ card

We have a need to a DAQ card that can handle more than 10V.  I know there's an SC module that does 300V, but antenuation by 30 in signal conditioning seems a bit much.  In retrospect, Agilent has a 100V input PXI card without the signal conditioning (32 Channels, 16-bit, 250kS/s).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
1 Comment
John_P1
Trusted Enthusiast

When you mentioned NI's SC module, I'm assuming you're referring to the PXIe-4300.  The TB-4300B terminal block provides 30:1 attenuation compared to the TB-4300, which is the default terminal block for the PXIe-4300.  The ranges available depend on which terminal block you are using:

2011-05-06_134640.png

The idea is that you may select a terminal block that fits the ranges you require.  Breaking out a portion of the attenuation to the terminal block makes it more obvious to the user that this is what is taking place, but I'm almost certain that the Agilent device implements some sort of similar on-board attenuation in the product that you linked.  The Agilent device is unipolar and has 2 ranges available (5V or 100V).

NI does have a few other products that have higher than ±10V ranges without using any external attenuator.  For example, the 6120 has a ±42V range.  If you're interested in C-Series there is also the 9229 which has ch-ch isolation.

John Passiak