Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
d.w.b

GPIB Analyzer Open Capture File Setting Changes

Allow NI GPIB Analyzer settings to be reduced for a capture log being viewed, searched, exported or printed. NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (NI MAx), Tools, GPIB, NI GPIB Analyzer settings can be changed to log various types of information, events, and timestamps. I open NI GPIB Analyzer - (No Interface Open), pick File Open, select the .cap which opens in another window "NI GPIB Analyzer - ....cap". I go back to the window with "Selected GPIB Analyzer" and pick Settings, Change Settings..., but that window is the default, no timestamps. Even if I make a change like deselecting Command, the other "- ....cap" window does not update with less information. Changing the settings only affects future captures. I wish I could unselect some of the Stimulus or exclude Timestamp after the capture is complete. I captured with all stimulus for the record since I have limited access and time to the production line, but for initial analysis and practical simplicity it would be nicer to just have Data and Command. when I log everything and then try to search for commands it is difficult and time-consuming because they are split up by numerous other mnemonics, events, etc. Being able to turn them off would allow me to search for the command (e.g. *IDN?) and find it much quicker versus having to search for * and go through all those commands one at a time. In a big log file that could take a very long time.