Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
kekin

Facility to generate "DIGITAL OUTPUT" on occurance of "change detection event".

As far as I know, the DAQ-mx has provicion to generate the COUNTER output or to read digital input triggered by the change detection event.

It would be nice if one is capable of generating the DIGITAL output on accurance of change detection event.(i.e. it can be triggered):smileytongue:

Also digital output must be allowed to generate the waveforms which are triggered by any of the digital input lines.

If possible then COUNTER counts should be available to user in LABVIEW after triggering, to synchronise the various digital input/output to counter state/count.Since some of the actions are COUNT dependent.

2 Comments
John_P1
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi kekin,

What hardware are you using?  Boards that support correlated or HW-timed Digital I/O (e.g. M Series, X Series) do allow you to use the Change Detection Event as the DO Sample Clock.

Counter counts are available to the user in LabVIEW, but if you truly wanted to synchronize DI/DO to the counts of a counter then the best bet is probably to implement this in hardware.  If the count you want to synchronize to occurs in regular intervals (e.g. every 2, 4, 6, 8, ... counts) or in alternating regular intervals (e.g. every 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, ... counts) then you can use an M Series.  X Series gives you the option of buffered counter outputs so you generate pulses at any arbitrary count value (intervals between 2 and 2^32-1).

It sounds like you have a specific application in mind--posting to either the Counter/Timer forum or the Multifunction DAQ forum (whichever you think is more appropriate) would be the best way to get assistance.

John Passiak
kekin

Thanks for pointing out that John. I have already posted my problem in M-DAQ but no body has replied & hhence I am posting it here & hopinf for ur +ve reply.

I want to generate the eight different 5V pulses with 95% duty cycle & each having different phase shift with respect to my input reference using PXI-6251.

The input is 400Hz (+/-2Hz tolerance) square wave whose rising edge is my reference for generating the output "train of pulses".

Each output should have seperate phase shift control.

As 6251 has only 2 counters & hance I require your help on the same.I also have one PXI-6509 DIO card, but will it be of any help??

Thaks in advance.