Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
gdvorak

Deploy cRIO Module Settings with an application

I've been told that in order to change module settings, you have to connect a development machine to the network has has the cRIO hardware. Most systems I build have a deployed application and are located somewhere else (i.e. no connected to my machine). It'd be nice if the cRIO module setting could be ported to the cRIO unit without having to connect a development machine and hit "connect" in the project.

For example, I had a cRIO unit in my office and set it up for a project. They installed it, wired it, and tested it. A few months later we needed to add a NI 9213 (16 ch Thermocouple module). It defaults to type J and degree Celcius. In order to switch it to type K, I had to bring my desktop out to the unit, connect to the network, and redeploy the cRIO. I called support twice and was told this is the only way to deploy the module settings. If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

I'm thinking it could be another type of application builder or something you could add to an existing application.