From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTI_Newton

Channel Calibration in MAX

Background question here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Channel-Calibration-information/m-p/1295908

Channel calibration in MAX is too limited to be very useful. According to NI AE, from MAX you can only create a table for calibration, not a polynomial fit. I assume intermediate values are linearly interpolated, but that wasn't specified. Programmatic calibration to enable polynomial cal as described in the above listed topic makes traceability problematic. 

I propose that the channel calibration capabilities in MAX be amended to allow the user to select calibration mapping, either TABLE or POLYNOMIAL FIT. 

OF course, the user should be able to select the polynomial order, and the R-value should be clearly indicated.

All of these properties should be included in any report generated from MAX. 

2 Comments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am going to move this idea to the DAQ Idea Exchange so that the DAQ R&D team who help with calibration in MAX can view it.

FTI_Newton

Revisiting this topic - I have a manager who recently discovered the existence of channel calibration in MAX and wants to make us to use it simplify our calibration processes.

MAX can apparently only save calibration information in a table. I need documentation that clearly states what happens to data in-between the table points. I naturally assume linear interpolation, but I need it unamibguously stated. In writing. Somewhere. Anywhere.